Search for prices in your area now
Vinyl Siding Color Combination
Choosing Vinyl Siding Color Samples
While vinyl siding websites can provide an approximate color sample, there will always be some slight differences with the actual product. This is why we recommend you always see an actual sample of the vinyl siding before ordering it. The color sample should be at least 6 inches in length and width to give you a reasonable idea what it will look like. Once you have your samples in hand, see what they look like under dfferent lighting conditions; in direct sunlight, in partial shade, in full shade, at first and last light, etc. This process will give you the best idea of what your siding will look like once it is up on your house.
Vinyl Siding Color Combinations
Want a new look for the exterior of your home? Why not try vinyl siding? Vinyl siding lasts for minimum 5 to 6 years, requires ZERO maintenance and hence, helps in saving money. There are many vinyl siding color combinations available. They make the house look beautiful.
Vinyl Siding Color Combinations
Veneer was the chosen material to redo the exterior walls of houses previously. But the drawback with veneer is, it flakes and rots early. Vinyl, on the other hand, is durable and does not flake or rot. It is also unaffected by sun, cold, salt, and snow, and is therefore a long lasting siding. Maintaining and cleaning the vinyl siding is also a simple task. Vinyl is actually a form of plastic made from polyvinyl chloride, commonly referred to as PVC. It lends a completely new look to the house. The latest find in vinyl siding is vertical vinyl siding. Some of the brands of vinyl sidings are Journeymen Select, Revere Sovereign Select, etc.
Tips for Choosing Vinyl Siding Color Combinations
* Choose a vinyl siding color, which will add to the beauty of your house. Try to choose a color which blends with the neighboring houses. A color lighter or darker by a shade or two, can be chosen.
* If green or blue color compliments the surrounding you reside in, do not hesitate to use it as the color combination for your house.
* You can choose complimentary colors for the windows, doors and shutters. In case, the vinyl siding color is dark and a light color is chosen for windows, doors and shutters, they may spoil the look of the house, when they fade.
* It is not advisable to have too many colors on the structure. The siding color combinations should not lend a jarring effect on the structure. Try to keep the look of the house simple.
* A light or a pastel color would make the house look bigger, while a darker shade would make it look smaller. Choose vinyl siding color combinations, depending upon the look you desire for your house.
* If you are looking for a new roof, then the color combination should be chosen to match the walls, roof, doors and windows.
* While choosing vinyl siding colors, remember to coordinate it with the porch color. You can opt for a natural look for the porch, based on your taste and the siding color.
General Tips for Choosing Vinyl Siding Colors
* Vinyl siding paint is said to be very durable. Therefore, choose a color which you will not get easily bored of.
* Always look at the sample piece of the vinyl siding that you have chosen from the brochure. There can be a difference in the actual color and the brochure color. Check the sample piece in natural daylight, as the vinyl siding is going to be on the exterior part of the house.
* If you want to give the house a different visual effect, adding color trim is an option to be considered
* If you are hiring a contractor for installing vinyl siding, it is always advisable to have a look at the portfolio
of the previous works of the contractor.
* The vinyl siding colors are baked into the panel. Therefore, depending on the quality of the material, the cost of the sidings differ. It is suggested to choose the best color within the available budget.
* Companies offer different warranty on different products, therefore, it is best to choose in accordance with the warranty and the cost of the product.
Let's start right away and give a new and a long-lasting look to our home with the best vinyl siding color combinations.